Marla J. Shapiro
P.O. Box 6902, Vacaville, Ca. 95696
Ph. 707-486-2006 / Fax 866-954-9309
- To provide assistance to our clients in the area of Real Estate and/or Mortgage Fraud in cases of individuals as well as institutions. It is not my focus to prove innocence or guilt, but that of a researcher of truth and validity.
Assistant Vice President Real Estate Lending 2005-2011 Travis Credit Union Vacaville, Ca.
- Managed the day to day operation of the nationwide mortgage lending department which included, but was not limited to origination, processing, underwriting, closing/funding, secondary and servicing.
- Completely automated Mortgage Lending Dept. from point of application through Servicing.
- Streamlined mortgage lending operation to create greater uniformity and consistency in documentation and workflow process to create a paperless environment.
- Created the procedural manual as well as the quality control plan to meet the requirements of the various GSE’s, MI companies, state and federal credit union regulators and internal compliance.
- Assisted in developing the training program to educate the frontline staff in our 21 branches on how to originate mortgage loans though our automated mortgage lending system.
- Trained internal staff on the administration management system for our automated mortgage origination and operations software.
- Assisted in the creation and implementation of the risk management program for ongoing analysis of existing portfolio of mortgage loans for potential future risk and or/losses.
- Reviewed all real estate loans recommended by collections to determine possible workout solutions that made sense for the members as well as the credit union. These files were also reviewed for any possible fraud or discrepancies from initial loan funding.
- Managed vendor relationships for compliance monthly as needed to insure acceptable services and pricing to meet the needs of our members as well as the senior management team and regulators.
- Served as final underwriter for all loans above $250K and all official or employee loans.
Vice President, National Credit Union Division 2003-2005 RBC/CUSO Mortgage Alamo/Roseville, Ca
Oversaw the day to day operations/sales area of the Credit Union division which included the management of 14 Retail/wholesale loan officers who originated loans for our 84 credit union clients as well as realtors in both northern and southern California. In addition, I managed the day to day Operations staff. Created, Implemented the quality control, compliance and procedural manual for the credit union division which included all areas from origination to secondary market and servicing procedures. NOTE: in late 2004 the credit union division was sold to an individual after RBC decided to sell off the mortgage division of the organization. At that time the purchaser moved the credit union operations center to Roseville and the sales division to San Ramon with a satellite operation in Santa Barbara. At that time our name changed to CUSO Mortgage Services.
Vice President, Mortgage Lending 1999-11/2003 Patelco Credit Union Citrus Heights, Ca
- Increased funding production from 10-130M per month in a 12 month period while decreasing the number of staff members through automation.
- Managed and serviced $650M +/- Mortgage loan Portfolio
- Sold and Serviced Mortgage loans for FNMA with an average book balance of 75M +/-
- Completely automated Mortgage Lending Dept. from application to Servicing.
- Served as the Beta Tester for the Prime Alliance Solution which is an internet based mortgage application system for Credit Unions.
- Maintained average monthly staff to 25 for entire department
- Consistently provided backup support to Collections, Consumer Loans, Card Services and Telephone Service Center.
Director Of Mortgage Lending 1992-1999 Patelco Credit Union SF & Citrus Heights, Ca.
- Designed and implemented policy and procedure manual for Mortgage Lending Dept. that included, origination, processing , underwriting and servicing mortgage loans to the Secondary Market Standards
- Adopted and enforced “One stop shopping” concept within the Mortgage Lending department.
- Assisted in research, design and implementation of new telephone system for the Credit Union.
- First Major department to relocate 100 miles away from Corporate, which proved to be the way of the future for several other depts.
- Expanded Mortgage Lending Services to All states in the United States except Alaska and Puerto Rico.
East Bay Mortgage Lending Manager/Mortgage Lending Manager 1992-1992 Patelco Credit Union San Francisco, Ca.
- Expanded mortgage lending department functions to become a full Seller/Servicer with Fannie Mae.
- Responsible for coordinating clinical services, program development and implementation, aftercare, follow up planning, individual and group therapy for residents
- Completely redesigned the Mortgage Lending Dept., including but not limited to Designing Performance Plans, Job descriptions and a skill rotation program.
Mortgage Lending Manager 1987-1992 First Metropolitan Credit Union Concord, Ca
- Designed and implemented policy and procedure manual for Mortgage Lending Dept. as a CUSO, First Metropolitan Mortgage Services.
- Completely automated Mortgage Lending Dept
- Increased loan production as well as profitability significantly.
- Numerous course work in Mortgage Lending, Compliance, Regulatory, Underwriting, Loan Servicing and Secondary Market delivery
- Completed all but 3 MBAA courses in Mortgage Lending
- Currently hold FHA Direct Endorsement Underwriter Status
- Previously held VA Automatic Underwriter status
Technology innovations, reading, art, jewelry design and creation, gardening, travel, cooking and music
FNMA Western Region Advisory Board
Credit Union Housing Roundtable
Prime Alliance Solutions Advisory Board Solano County Library Foundation Board
Vacaville Performing Arts Board (President)
Vacaville Community Housing Board
Credit Union League
VP Business Services/RE
Lending Travis CU
Kappel & Kappel Real Estate
|David J. Miller
|Richard F. Scali
President/CEO Easy Street Vacations
CMG Mortgage Insurance
EVP/COO City County Credit Union
In addition to my 25 years experience working in the Credit Union environment, I owned my own Mortgage Banking Company with my husband for 6 years. We sold our firm in 1986 when my husband decided to pursue his passion for helping children.
I am committed to the delivery of efficiency and effectiveness in the area of Mortgage Banking and customer service. It is imperative now more than ever that financial institutions and the individuals that work in the area of mortgage lending are knowledgeable, reliable and most importantly, trustworthy.
I have been actively involved at the development stage with many vendors supporting web based related mortgage products and services in order to streamline the mortgage lending process within the Credit Union environment. I have assisted many Credit Unions throughout the years in streamlining their processes and implementing technology.
I take great pride in my work with an undying devotion to excellence. It is my philosophy that one must have passion and commitment to deliver the utmost in quality service in everything you do.
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review my resume and comments; I look forward to meeting with you.
Sincerely, Marla J. Shapiro 707-486-2006 (c) Mshapiro@caseassist.com